Are you stressed at work? Do you ever feel like you are knocking your head against a brick wall as the amount of work you are expected to complete piles up? Maybe you have worked so hard the last few months to achieve your targets that you have not been able to spend time with your family and feel out of synch with family life?
Continued exposure to high work loads leaves you drained, frazzled and frustrated.
Yoga students often ask me for easy yoga exercises they can discreetly do at their desk at work. They believe yoga brings a sense of relief and balance back into their hectic work schedule.
If you are new to yoga, try this sequence and see what a difference it makes to your energy levels. Hopefully, you will feel energised, alert and more able to focus as you work.
A Simple Yoga Sequence To Reduce Stress At Work
- Inhale and as you exhale, slowly turn your head to look over your right shoulder. Keep your chin level. Inhale and as you exhale turn your head back to the centre.
Repeat to your left shoulder. Repeat this sequence 3 – 5 times in each direction
- Rest your hands on your thighs. Exhale. Slowly fold forward from your hips. Allow your hands to drop towards the floor and hang loosely. When you have stretched as far forward as you comfortably can, gently lower your head towards the floor and allow your back to round. Hold this position for 4- 7 deep breaths. Inhale as you lift your head a little and slowly come back up.
- Sit near the edge of your chair. Feet flat on the floor. Hands resting on your lap. Lengthen your spine, slowly arch your back and lilt your head back. Relax and take three deep breathes. Slowly return body back to centre
- Raise both arms above your head. Place your left hand on your right wrist. Gently stretch to the right. Keep your body strong and straight. Breathe into the stretch. Switch sides and repeat.
- Rest your palms on your thighs. Close your eyes, relax your face, relax your shoulders. Breathe slowly in for a count of four. Exhale slowly for a count of four. Repeat this breathing practice 4-7 times and then slowly open your eyes and return to normal breathing.
Learning to cope with job-related stress is essential if you wish to be calm and focused at work.
The above easy yoga sequence offers you a simple, cost-effective and practical way to help you instantly experience a sense of ease and confident energy at work. Try it and let me know how you get on.
I am always happy to offer you other yoga poses to encourage you to relax at work.