Have you ever gone through a hard time?
Maybe you are building yourself up from a fall-out or break-up with your partner.
Your body is tired from the non-stop demands placed upon you at work.
And on top of all of that, your best friend called you late last night and you staid up waaay too late, sharing stories and trying to boost each other up.
During those times, it is easy to feel drained and fall into a spiral of self-neglect and cutting corners on your health.
If so, you are not alone, most people have been through hard times.
I know I have.
And in this article, I would like to share with you one of my favourite self-care tips, reading inspirational meditation quotes.
What Are Inspirational Meditation Quotes
Motivational quotes, or inspirational meditation quotes are short sayings, often just a sentence or two, that communicates solid advice and causes you to ponder, pause and review your situation.
As a self-care practice, reading motivational meditation quotes has been a cornerstone of my self-healing journey.
Many a day, I would wake, breathe, pick up one of the cherished books on my bedstand, read a passage and start my day on a peaceful vibe.
So, if you are feeling drained, below par and desperately in need of a boost, here are 25 inspirational meditation quotes, you can use, to help you breathe and reclaim your sense of calm and inner peace.
How To Use These Meditation Quotes For Inner Peace & Calm
1. Read through the list, pick one or two quotes which speak to you.
2. For the next three days, when you wake up, sit up tall, take a gentle breath in and out through your nose and read aloud your chosen quotes.
3. Sit still for a few more moments and allow the depth and beauty of the quotes to open your mind and fill your heart.
For your convenience, I have also included a website link where you can find out more about the life and teachings of the authors of these quotes.
1. “Peace cannot be kept by force it can be achieved by understanding.” –Albert Einstein, (14th March 1879 – 18th April 1955) Theoretical physicist
2. “If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” – Dali Lama (6th July 1935 -) Spiritual leader of the Tibetan people.
3. “The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.” – Thich Nhat Hanh (October 11 1926 – ) Vietnamese Buddhist monk, spiritual leader, poet and peace activist.
4. “You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day. Unless you’re too busy; then you should sit one hour.” – Old Zen Saying
5. “The more regularly and the more deeply you meditate, the sooner you will find yourself acting always from a centre of inner peace.” J. Donald Walters (May 19 1926 – ) Disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda, founder of Ananda.
6. “Meditation is silence, energising and fulfilling. Silent is the eloquent expression of the inexpressible. “– Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
7. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks insides, awakes.” – Carl Jung Carl Gustav (July 26, 1875, – June 6th 1961) Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology.
8. “Meditation speaks. It speaks in silence.” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
9. “As long as your heart remains, an ever-mounting aspiration-flame. It makes no difference what your weaknesses are.” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation
10. “Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.” – Jawaharlal Nehru (November 14 1889 -May 27 1964). First prime Minister of India.
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”- Buddha (567 BC – 484 BC) Ascetic and sage.
12. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa, (August 26, 1910 – September 5, 1997) Roman Catholic nun and missionary.
13. “Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace.” – Zen Gatha
Sanskrit term for “song” or “verse
14. “Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse (July 2, 1877, August 9, 1962) Hermann Hesse, German-Swiss poet, novelist, and painter
15. “Meditation is not a way of making the mind go quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there -buried under the 50,000 thoughts, the average person thinks every day.” – Deepak Chopra (October 22 1947 – ) Indian American author, public speaker.
16. “I am divinely guided at all times.” – Louise Hay (October 8th, 1926 -) American motivational author and founder of Hay House
17. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle (February 16, 1948) Author, Servant of God.
18. “I meditate so that I can sit and inundate my entire being with the omnipotent power of peace” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
19. “Meditation can reintroduce you to the part that’s been missing” Russell Simmons (born October 4, 1957 – American entrepreneur, author, philanthropist.
20. “Rule your mind or it will rule you” – Buddha (567 BC – 484 BC) Ascetic and sage.
21. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want, you already are.”- Rumi (September 30, 1207 – December 17, 1273) 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.
22. “If you have time to breathe, you have time to meditate.” – Ajahn Chah (June 17, 1918 – January 16, 1992) Influential teacher of the Buddha and a founder of two major monasteries in the Thai Forest.
23. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you; none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but you own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda (January 12, 1863 – July 4th 1902) Indian Hindu monk.
24. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron (July 14 1936 -) American, Tibetan Buddhist. Ordained nun, acharya and disciple of Chögyam Trungpa.
25. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”- Jimi Hendrix James Marshall ” (November 27 1942 – September 18 1970) American rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
And one extra quote…
“In the silence of the breath, is peace.” – Ntathu Allen Author, meditation teacher.
Now you have read these quotes, I encourage you to read them again, choose a couple which speaks to your heart and makes your heart soften and open. Pick those, write them out if you wish, and for the next 3 days when you wake up, spend a few minutes in quiet and read the quotes. You will breathe easy and feel brighten.
PS. And if you enjoy these quotes and wish to read more quotes and affirmations to brighten your day, my Kindle ebook, How To Love Yourself More: 365 Motivational Quotes & Affirmations To Kick-Start Your Day! Get your copy here